Airport ground handling is one of the prominent job profiles that you can get after completing your course from a good Travel and Tourism Academy.
These jobs are of equal prominence as the air hostess or cabin crew. It is just that most of the times, they get buried under the glamour of the air hostess profession. In reality, ground handling is as crucial a profile as other professions in the same industry.
When you set your eyes on becoming a ground handling professional, the first step is to clear the interview process. There are some basic questions that are common to all airlines. Here is the list of those questions for your benefit.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Please share with us your strengths and weaknesses.
- Did you ever face a stressful situation that tested your skills?
- Do you prefer writing a report or presenting it verbally?
- What is your ideal professional environment?
- What would you be required to do in this position?
- Do you have any successful experience of debate or speech-making?
- What is the most important aspect for you of this position?
- What is your most significant achievement in life till now?
- In which way or ways can you contribute to this airline?
- What will you do to meet a stricter deadline?
- What future do you see for yourself in five years from now?
- Can you share a situation in your life where you had to gather information?
These are just a few of the many questions that you could face during your job interviews. Be sure to do proper research on the company or the airline you are going to interview for. Be confident about the way to answer. For this, prepare well in advance. The more you practice, the more successful you will be in cracking the interview questions of ground handling staff.
Read more: Ground Handling: Gateway to a great Career