Travel and tourism courses are applied sciences, which mean book-learning alone does not fully suffice to becoming a well-rounded professional. It is impertinent that a fellow learner is taken to the street and learns by getting his hands dirty.
Many students who enter the avenue don’t understand the mechanism on how the industry operates. Sometimes the course does not offer the right amount of practical learning, or the travel institute is not fully equipped to offer a platform for experiential learning.
In your journey to becoming a high-performing travel specialist, you should leave no stones unturned in finding the best travel and tourism institute in Delhi that offers the right mix of academic learning and industry-exposure.
So, keep your eyes open when you’re shopping for a course, and an institute that provides you with an unparallel learning ambiance that will instantly launch your career into a higher ground. Here are the reasons why practical learning is the life-blood of the tourism industry.
1) Feel the pulse of the industry – Many short term courses in travel and tourism pivots around only academic learning is doomed by design. If you aren’t learning from the school of hard-knocks, then you may as well not learn anything at all. Being the fast-changing business travel industry is, your active involvement at the onset of your learning will make you better equipped from the get-go of your professional life.
2) You acquire skills by doing – No amount of regurgitation or visual learning can supersede the advantage born out of hands-on training. At Skylark Institute of Travel, emphasize is laid on the act of involvement rather than passive participation. It does not cut corners with curriculum and ensure the every student is put through an internship to make him/her industry-ready.
3) You find your calling – This is true for almost every profession but sits particularly well within the travel and tourism industry. There is a plethora of roles that you can take up once you complete this course. Sometimes you’ll be spoilt of choice, which can be overwhelming and paralyzing at the same time. As you test the shallow waters before the completion of the course, you find your true calling or your place in the tourism business.
4) Mistakes are your teacher – You learn when you do. Like a child who crawls, stumbles and staggers, before he eventually learn how to run. In a similar fashion, when you enter the tourism industry, you learn faster when you make mistakes by becoming a cog in the machine.
5) Widens your professional network – Network is how well are you connected within the tourism matrix. There is a book famously titled “Your network is your net-worth” and it cannot be true. When you’ve an expansive network, it gives you a cushion to fall back to and helps you find hidden job opportunities that don’t surface on public forum.
Not many institute offer courses that balance academic learning and practical experience. When you enroll for a diploma in tour and travel management, make sure you rank internship and practical learning as one of your top priority.
Read more: Why Choose Skylark Travel & Tourism Course?